Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Desk Redo

I have a really cute project today! We want our new office to be mainly black and white decor with some other colors thrown in. The reason for this is that my husband has a black CD rack and I have a white cabinet I keep photo's in that will be kept in the office. Unfortunately, do to lack of funds we have a lot of laminate furniture in our home. We are slowly replacing it. Our desk is awful looking in my opinion. It is just boring brown and made of laminate. I decided to cover it with wrapping paper. I was going to decoupage all of the areas, but after trial and error, meaning after I ripped off a couple of sheets, I decided to just stretch the wrapping paper over the areas and then decoupage where I sealed it underneath. I am so pleased with the results.
I purchased my paper at Hobby Lobby. I recommend getting it there if you have one in your area because the gift wrap is thick and strong. I would just advice that wherever you get it make sure it is not the really thin rolls. Depending on the size of what you are covering you made need the rolls instead of the flat sheets.  The office is a work in progress, so I will keep you posted along the way. Here are the before and after photos!


No comments: