Sunday, December 18, 2011

Decoupaged Wall Letter

I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been busy getting ready for Christmas. I just finished a fun project for my eight year old niece. It'll be one of her Christmas presents. I bought a pink wooden letter "B" which is the first letter of her name. I then went onto Google images and saved to my PC pictures of some of her favorite TV programs, along with some of her favorite music artists and bands. I then used my Lexmark printer program to size them to a passport size. Then I printed them out on heavy white printer paper. You could use any program you have for resizing your pictures, and depending on the size of your letter you may need to make them larger or smaller.
I also printed out the letters of her name and a picture of her, as well. Then I used decoupage and placed them on the letter. I had to do some trimming here and there to get the placement where I wanted. I think it turned out pretty cute! My husband had a great idea that we could do another letter of her name next year with the things she is interested in then. The only thing is you may want to save those and hang them when you have finished all the letters or it might look odd. Here is a picture:

No comments: