Sunday, November 20, 2011

Button Wastebasket

My family and I will be moving in a few months to a larger home, and we will have a spare room for company. I already know the color scheme I want to use for the room so I decided to decorate a wastebasket for it. Here are the before pictures:


I purchased an unfinished wastebasket from my local craft store, along with some wood posts for legs. You could pick any kind you like. I then picked out two colors of paint I wanted to match the decor I plan to use in the spare room.  I painted the wastebasket the cream color and the legs the teal. I then glued the legs to the bottom of the wastebasket. I did this just to dress up the wastebasket and give it some color. I have a huge box of buttons from my grandmother that passed away recently, so it's important to me to use them on projects. I decided to put our last initial on the front of it with the buttons. All I had to do was glue them on. I could've dressed this up more, but I figured it's a wastebasket, so I don't want to make it too busy. I want to be able to add a lot more color to the room in other ways. I still think it turned out pretty cute! Here is the finished product:

No comments: