Friday, November 11, 2011

Yummy Goose Feathers

You might be saying, "Goose feathers, how and why would you eat those?" Actually it is a guilty pleasure breakfast or dessert! My cousin fixed this for me several years ago when I was over for coffee. I had forgot all about the recipe until I made my recipe binder and came across it. We made it recently and I wonder how I could have ever forgot about it! This recipe is easy. It is great to fix on a weekend morning when it is hot out of the oven. You can save the leftovers to eat cool as a dessert. I actually like it best cold.

Goose Feathers
2 rolls of crescent rolls
1 8oz block of cream cheese
1 stick of butter (melted)
1 1/4 cup sugar divided
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay out one roll of the crescent rolls in a 13x9 dish (preferably glass). In a mixing bowl beat together 1 cup sugar, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Spread over the crescent rolls. Gently lay another layer of crescent rolls on top. Pour melted butter all over the top of the rolls. Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar in small bowl with the cinnamon. Sprinkle that over the top of the dish. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until light to medium brown on top. The cream cheese mixture will still be runny. This is OK. It will set up as it cools. Now you just need to eat and enjoy!

No comments: