Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cabinet Update Part 2

Well I got the cabinet primed and painted. I will say that it took a long time. As you can see in the pictures from Part 1, the cabinet has several shelves, and they are not removable. It was really time consuming doing the ceilings of them and getting in all the corners. There are also a couple of drawers. It was well worth the time. It is a large cabinet with a great amount of storage. It was my grandma's and it was free. What more can I ask for?? After the painting I purchased my supplies for the faux finish. The finished look is called "A Taste of Italy".  Here is what was needed to do the brushed pearl finish:
Valspar Brushed Pearl
Wash Brush 4 in.
Trowel (plastic)
I purchased all of these items at Lowe's. They also had a pamphlet with instructions. I am so excited to show the finished look! I am waiting on one thing and then I can show you the cabinet. I ordered the handles so I am waiting for them to arrive in the mail. Once they are on, it will be ready to go so stick around!


No comments: