Monday, March 19, 2012

DIY Barrettes

I have two adorable nieces. Every time I see them they have the cutest hair barrettes and bows in their hair. The drawback is that my sister has to buy them. I decided it would be nice if I could make some for her and the girls. I went online to get some ideas, and came across the felt ones. I think they are pretty common to make, but I figured it was a good start. Here is what I did to make them.
 I went on Google images and printed off some flower templates in various sizes. I them used them to cut out my felt flowers. I used fabric glue to glue the top felt piece to the bottom. Then I picked out a button from my collection and glued it in the center of the top flower with Goop glue. Along with the felt, I purchased some different varieties of plain barrettes. I then simply glued the felt flowers to the top of the barrettes or bobby pins with the Goop.
I was really surprised at how easy they were to make, and how cute they turned out! I am eager now to print out  some different templates and make some more. I am thinking bunnies and carrots! Keeping It Simple

No comments: