Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Verde Chicken Sandwiches

Yesterday I was in a car accident. I was rear ended and then thrown into a concrete barrier. Needless to say I am extremely sore today. My husband took a vacation day to help me out. He decided to make a very easy crock pot chicken recipe we found on www.allrecipes.com. I cannot emphasize enough the word EASY! Here is the recipe.

1.5-2 lbs Frozen Chicken
1 Jar of Pizza Sauce
1/2 Jar of Verde Salsa (Green Colored)
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
Hoagie Rolls
Optional- Peppers, cheese

Take FROZEN chicken and place in crock pot. Add pizza sauce and salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Before serving stir in sour cream. Serve on hoagie buns. We also cook some mixed bell peppers in a small skillet with cooking spray and dump in at the end. You could also top with pepperoncini peppers and some kind of shredded italian cheese. These are optional. We think it tastes great so give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments: