Friday, March 9, 2012

Oh, Where Are You Recipe?

Have you ever been in a big hurry to cook, and then you realize you can't find your recipe? I know this has happened to me more times than I could count. It's because I've never had time to sit and write down every recipe I come across. I mean, who really has time??

I decided one day that I was going to find some way to organize all of those recipe print outs and clippings, so I made a recipe organizer.
I went to the local Walmart and bought a 8.5 x 11 three ring binder with a clear opening on the front that you can slide a cover into. I also bought clear three ring sheets that go inside. Then, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased scrapbook supplies that went with the theme I was looking for, and I also went to the baseball card collecting aisle and picked up some more clear sheets that had various pocket sizes.
Then I took a 8.5 x 11 scrapbook page and decorated it with recipe themed stickers before I slid it into the front of the binder. You could also do the back of the binder if you wanted. All that was left to do was place my recipes in the clear sheets and place them inside the binder. This is a very fun yet easy and quick project. I felt such a sense of peace knowing they were all in one place. It will always be easy to add to it, as long as I keep enough of the sheets handy. I hope this helps you get your recipes all organized!

No comments: