Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Wine Rack Finished!
After priming, and then painting the wine rack in teal, I then mixed my brown paint one part paint with two parts water. I found it did not take much paint to do the distressing. I used 1/4 cup paint plus water for this and it was way too much. I then applied the brown paint mixture with a clean cloth in a circular motion on the areas I wanted the look. I then took another cloth and after waiting about fifteen seconds or so I lightly wiped off the paint in a circular motion. I adjusted my pressure by how much paint I wanted in that particular area. I bought these cloths in a package of 10 at Home Depot. The paint I used was Valspar from Lowe's. The pictures below will show you the process. I may end up sanding away some areas for added distressing, but I haven't decided if it needs it yet. I am now ready to tackle the next piece of furniture waiting to teach me!